2.02.2011

sculpture overload

meh i just got through writing the first part of a sculpture paper. what i thought to be just a simple copy-paste paper turned out to take much longer and be much more in depth. i'm not sure if i really learned anything new though....i don't consider myself an art scholar but many of the names of the artists and pieces were all too familiar. i noted that none of them were women but that was mostly due to the time period. meh.

snow days are sapping my energy. i'm not well equipped for the cold and neither is my house so it's been a bit of a trial to stay warm. the pipes in my kitchen are also frozen so cleaning the kitchen was out of the question. it made me intensely angry so i took that anger out on the laundry, which i am happy to report is nearly completed.

my ass-hat tendencies emerged again today but i've got the situation under control and i'm going to try and make an appointment tomorrow. i'm tired of friction between KidTerror and i due to the fact that i've pretty much become a basket case. i'm also tired of being constantly upset and not functioning the way i know i can. it basically time for a big change and although i'm apprehensive i'm ready to get the ball rolling so i can start feeling better and acting better to those around me ( i don't mean to be such an ass KidTerror)....

i put flocke together today and she is a cutie! she kicky as hell though, her arms are too tight and her legs are too loose. i'll try to fix that this weekend along with giving her a face-up. since she came together she has definitely beaten out the isaac girl that i brought home not too long ago. i feel like the isaac girl was an impulse purchase...eh i KNOW that the isaac girl was an impulse purchase....her eyes are way too big and even though she has a cute little smirk i don't think she's going to last.

it always sounds like i'm getting rid of dolls left and right all willy nilly but i don't see the point of keeping something like that around if it isn't exactly what i want. my boys, through some tweaking, have become exactly what i want them to be and i go by the rule that if a doll doesn't go with them then they have to go. it has alot to do with facial feature proportions. i never keep any doll that can wear a size 16mm eye and above. i like my dolls to be semi-realistic and eyes that large just aren't for me. i want my dolls to be more in the uncanny valley than to resembly anime characters. in case you weren't aware i'm very much over the small mouth, tiny nose, big eyes formula and happily so....

so i'm basically trying to say in my round-about way that i'm nearly certain that the isaac head will be leaving my house shortly on the way to someone that goes for the larger eyes. i know it makes me sound flakey but i don't care.

currently my doll line up goes:
DMK Aidan- Lucan
DMK MOMO tanned- Panda(monium)
DMK Flocke- unnamed but looking at winter themed names, to commemorated her icy arrival.

planned dolls include:
DMK Cecile (gitl)
DMK U-Jee (Panda's boyfriend)
DMK Pado tanned (boy)
DMK Paran tanned (Lucan's lady)

this would give me a total of seven doll which would not only satisfy my desire for an odd number of dolls but also cater to my intense love of the number seven. any more dolls would be too many and any less would just irritate me. i enjoy my doll hobby because it allows me to indulge in all of my little quirks and exert absolute control.

cecile, pado, paran, u-jee




No comments:

Post a Comment