2.01.2011

"insert witty blog post title here"

tonight i feel pleasant, i just got talking to a dear friend of mine and i have another snow day to look forward to!

other exciting things, include the arrival of my flocke head. she's really cute and i can't wait to give her a face-up. i really hope she looks good with my boys. my other girl, ivy is already being debated, i bought her mostly for the body and the head isn't doing much for me the more i look at it. i can't shake the feeling that her head is too big in comparison to the heads of my boys, it may be the large eyes but it's irritating. i don't think flock will have that problem since she takes such small eyes, she wears 12mm/14mm eyes so she's similar to my boys. and it goes without saying that if a dolly doesn't mesh with my boys they have to go. i plan on letting ivy stay for a while longer to determine if she's a keeper so if i should send the head on its way.

i don't really have much more to report here. there was some family drama that pissed me off royally and just enforced my ideas about a certain member of my family but i rather not dwell on the unpleasant.

my bust is put together in art class. it wasn't really hard to get to this point but the process of preparing the clay was tiring. it's heavy and since my hands are small it take me a long time to work it so that it is ready to be formed. since the majority of that class is female, there were a lot of grumblings in that vein. everyone noted with disdain how shortly the males in the class got their clay ready and had their busts formed. but mine is ready to have eye-sockets installed, so i'm happy about that.

in my painting class i've been suffering from lack of inspiration. i think it comes from going to class and panicking when i look at my blank canvas. i also have problems with the lack of seclusion the class has but this was quickly remedied by installing myself in the corner, where i couldn't be approached unawares. sometimes preparing for that class feels like i'm getting ready to be hunted but that's my anxiety for ya.

i really need to take life drawing and drawing 2. i know i won't enjoy those classes as much as painting but i know that i with learn so much. i wish that i would have been able to build a stronger art foundation when i was younger. i had always been interested in art but never encouraged. i think i would be so much farther ahead than i am now.


No comments:

Post a Comment