2.22.2011

feeling poopy

as the title says i've been feeling poopy lately.....at the moment i have a sore throat that i'm worried might be strep and despite having gone to the doctor for my mental issues no other drugs other than cold medicine are in my system....it's a shame because i NEED something....i had been prescribed lexapro and it disagreed with me in many ways and didn't do the trick so i'll be asking for something different when i go back in friday morning.

this semester i have been really proud of KidTerror and i. we have been going to class and keeping up with all our obligations and although it's tiring and means we are always busy it's nice to get things done for a change rather than be constantly stressing over things that could have been done on time.

i visited the family last weekend and had a good day out with my mammi and aunt mary. i also got to see my little sister, dad, and my step-mom. all in all it was a good weekend but it wasn't relaxing so i'm looking forward to this weekend so i can do some housework and catch up on some sleep.

art news.....my sculpture looks mayan or aztec-esque. it wasn't planned but evolved out of wanting a face with a strong nose. he's very different from the other sculpture so i think that will give me the edge when he's graded but that's if i can finish him this week. in painting i don't have anything special to report....i'm in a slump and don't really like what i'm doing but i bought some new canvases, acrylic glaze, and acrylic paint workable media that extends the drying time of the paint so i'll have to experiment with those. i'm hoping that i can feel inspired again once i get my health issues fixed.

oh more on sculpture, for my end project i kinda want to make a very large tongue. yes it's odd but i think it would be very amusing and fun to make. KidTerror got some interesting bubble wrap in with a package and the the texture just got my wheels turning. so either the tongue or a figure will be my end project, i haven't decided yet but i'm  eagerly anticipating it.

no dolls news to report, all my darlings have been sitting neglected as i go about my life but i'm sure i'll find some time for them this weekend.

big news (that i nearly forgot to mention), i'm going to A-KON 22 this year!!! it will be my third year to go and they are having my favorite visual kei band, D, play as well as an attached doll convention. once i knew all those details i had to go and i'm really excited for it.

that's all i have for now but i would like to share todays' motto: "Make today your bitch."

pretty sweet motto.....

No comments:

Post a Comment