1.26.2011

ugh

first of all, this week feels like it's dragging on and i'm ready for the weekend and sleeping late so i wish it would hurry up!

right now i'm sitting at work, everything has been done and since there's nothing to do this is the time when i normally do my homework, and being the good student i am (<- working on it) i have all my math homework, notes and book ready to go. all that would be wonderful and i would happily work on my math homework but me being the dumb-ass i am left my calculator at home *le sigh* sometimes i wish my responsible side would give the ditzy side of me a stern talking to and maybe rough her up, but knowing her she'd probably just forget about it the next day....

in other news, i'm proud to say that i attended both my art classes! for some that's not saying much but for me it's a pretty dig deal. it's not like i dislike my major it's just that being squished into a tiny studio with people who i don't know (rude people) is really uncomfortable to say the least. luckily i was able to expel all my rage and anxiety towards my clay which is now nicely wedged and ready to work up on friday.

turns out that the first project in sculpture is a bust and i don't mean breasts and a torso like many people have speculated, contains only (in this case) the shoulders and head. i'm a little frightened of this project but i'm going to try to pay attention and make sure that i have an idea of what i'm doing before i go off and mess something up.

since i managed to go to painting as well i was a little surprised to see that nearly everyone favors a realistic style of painting figures. i know that is what a limited art program like mine stresses but in a class where there's not lesson plans and free-paint is always the assignment, it was hard to believe that no one had really taken on a style or did things outside of the norm. that's not to say that there weren't any people that deviated from normal human proportions but they were a small population indeed.

i also noted that although that class is large: most of the people don't show up and the ones that do are very quiet so it's a pretty peaceful place once i put in my earbuds and tune out all noise. i think as long as i keep my mp3 player handy and make sure to stake out a good spot each day i won't have any problems. if my prof. starts making assignments then i may change my mind....

still rambling about painting......i started another painting today and i HATE it! while the color combination POPS well the composition leaves alot to be desired....i made the mistake of going to class with a blank canvas instead of planning and sketching at home before bringing it to class. that's something that i do to myself often, but this time i'll blame it on being busy and having a cluttered workspace....

blabbing on, i can't hold on to painting ideas for shit. it really is pretty bad but i've been knocking around the idea of an octopus girl (KidTerror would be excited if he read this). she would be all human but have the octopus and its tentacles function as her hair/hat...eh it's all i bit muddled but it's something that i've been knocking around for a while (think 6+ months), i don't think i've attempted it because i'm worried that i won't be able to get it to look right or people will just look and say "what's that?" meh who knows i may attempt it this semester when i have a few more paintings done that i feel fine with.

doll news~~~ my flocke head shipped! i didn't even noticed because i've been so busy but i'm pretty excited, i also made the second payment for my isaac girl and can't wait to work on them and get them ready for DoA. these will be my first girls from dollmore and i really think that they will work out, although the isaac head is the only one that i'm the tiniest bit iffy about, but i'm sure with the right face, name, wig, eyes, and clothes that she'll be much loved like Lucan and Panda(monium).

since i'm all over the place as usual, i'm dyeing my hair again this weekend! my roots are horrid looking so i'll have to re-bleach and then re-color. i don't know what color i'll be next. the pinks from 'beyond the zone' sucked the big one when i used them so i'm tempted to just chunk out those colors since i didn't like them and don't plan on going pink anytime soon (sorry carrie but it washing me out bad). other colors i have considered are teal, orange, and purple. come to think of it all those colors sound pretty sweet so i'll most likely just pick at random when i make a trip to sallys. random gripe but the sallys girls all look at me like i'm crazy when i go buy bleach and color, i always get the, "don't you know this damages your hair?" and, "do you know how to use these?" both those questions annoy me. yes ma'am i do know this is damaging to my hair but your poorly drawn on eyebrows and lip hair hurt me so i would appreciate it if you keep your dumb comments to yourself. yeah i'm not so mean as to say that but some days it is something that crosses my mind....MORE RANT, and you would think they would remember me i'm in there at least twice a month and have a sallys card and inquire often about products but hey some people are just as observant as cattle......meh.

damn my posts are long these days....um kitty niles you hooker you promise to read but comments i do not see.....and carrie i hope i get to see the occasional post from you (they always brighten my day) and thank you for recommending Margaret and Helen

2 comments:

  1. I'll be posting my darling! and bitching I'm quite certain also...

    people need to mind their own business. if another person tells me that the Monster I am drinking is bad for me i might have to hit them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bitching is totally healthy and when you do it, often hilarious!...and posts are good too lol!!! off to comment on your blog <3

    ReplyDelete