3.28.2011

new heights (or should i say lengths) in hair obsession....

as of a couple of weeks-ish ago i have started growing out my hair. this decision has created a HAIR OBSESSION for me......i am obsessed with growing out my hair and it has become an issue that i can't help but think about....and instead of trying to amuse myself and think about something else i'm just going to talk hair on here.

my hair care routine has grown a ton! but i also think that the quality of products i use are a lot better. i'm officially CO (conditioner-only) and my hair seems to be enjoying it so far. i also stopped brushing when wet and use my wide toothed comb instead. i also have purchased a BBB (boar bristle brush, to distribute oil and add shine) but turns out it has some nylon that my hair catches on so i will be replacing it soonish. coconut oil, and oils in general have become my friends, they may be product that has done the most for me so far.

my current hair goals are to continue to keep growing with minimal trims and no hair cuts for until i get to my desired length, around mid-back. i plan on doing this by protecting all the damaged parts by oiling, trying to keep my hair protected by wearing it up, researching homemade hair-care recipes, doing leave-in treatments weekly, and keeping a semi-permanent hair color in like a red hued manic panic dye.

while growing out my hair i'm going to stop bleaching the roots and allow my hair to rest for a couple of months to a year. lately i have done a ton of damage to my hair and i realized that if i want it to be long i have to start taking care of it.

that being said, i will still have some wild color in my hair but it will be limited to reds and purples, with the occasional blue used.

if i were to have any reasons to grow my hair out it would be that i'm ready to project a more feminine persona to others. i consider myself very feminine but understand that my hair doesn't really speak that and i would like to have it back again. other reasons include a feeling of security. although it has been a long time since i've had longer hair i do remember the sense of security it gave me as well. i also think that i'm able to actively grow my hair because i'm in a loving relationship with KidTerror. many if not most of my hair chops have come right after men troubles so being with KidTerror and knowing that we are a stable loving, and encouraging pair gives me the confidence to undertake this personal goal of mine. that being said i'm growing out my hair for ME, it just helps that i have a supportive and loving partner in KidTerror.

that's all i really have for now....hooray for goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment