4.19.2011

mutterings on henna

taking care of my hair has been super rewarding for me thus far. i feel better about my appearance and the condition of my hair has improved immensely. i have also discovered henna and have bought some in hopes that it can save my damaged ends and keep me being an unnatural red-head.

more on henna (because i found it interesting).....henna is a desert herb grown in regions such as india, pakistan, and yemen to name the ones off the top of my head. it has been used since the bronze age to dye hair and to also create temporary tattoos, among other uses. the coloring properties of henna are due to it's lawsone content, an organic substance that has a burgundy coloring. the henna also bonds to the protein in hair so it's permanent. i was wary of this at first but once i knew that i could adjust the henna stain on my hair with varied applications i was more at ease. my hair forum is constantly talking about the benefits of henna for damaged hair so i thought that it would be the best bet for me, i get to keep my hair, save the ends, and remain an unnatural red-head. it's a great solution to my hair woes.

just thought i'd share those little tidbits......

No comments:

Post a Comment